The all-wheel drive, or AWD, which is based on a Buick Rendezvous all four wheels to increase traction on slippery surfaces. The control module or PCM Powertrain reads data from a number of sensors and determines when to engage the AWD system. This system is still running and the vehicle does not have a switch to AWD on and off. Remove the relay Relay AWD lock check box under the hood, the AWD system.
- The vehicle on a level surface and turn off the engine. Set the parking brake and open the hood.
- Locate the switch under the cover of the relay. It is on the left side of the engine compartment side of the wing to the passenger side. It is a black box plastic that measures approximately 7 inches by 7 inches
- Press the latches on the box, and remove the box cover. Look at the diagram on the underside of the lid. This diagram shows the location of IT in the relay box.
- Locate the relay according to the diagram on the cover, remove and replace the cover.
Tips & Warnings
- The AWD system is an important safety feature and should be disabled for purposes of diagnosis or evaluation.