The Subaru Legacy uses disc brakes in front of the vehicle. The disc brake includes a brake disc which is attached to the wheel hub and rotates with the wheel did. A brake caliper is mounted on the rotor and holds the brake pads. When the driver presses the brake pedal, press the brake caliper, brake pads against the rotor to decelerate the vehicle. Vehicle owners to change their brake pads on a regular basis, the risk of incurring damage to the rotors and more costly repairs.
Remove brake pads
- Raise the vehicle with a car jack and support for decision under the front frame.
- Loosen the lug nuts on the front wheels and tires with a key. Then pull the wheels and wheel studs.
- Stop the piston in the brake calipers. Place a C-clamp on the bracket with the bottom inside of the caliper on the back and the top of the outer brake pad. Connect the device to drive the piston in the caliper.
- Loosen the two screws holding the brackets on the supports with a pedestal.
- Lift the caliper away from the brake disc and pad access. Leave hanging bracket hydraulic rubber hose.
- Pull the brake pads out of its socket with his hands. Be sure to note the position of the support plates and brackets.
Install the brake pads
- Let the new pads in the correct position in the slice. Place the mounting bracket and mounting plates in the same position as you removed it.
- Slide the brake caliper in the correct position in the holder.
- Unscrew the two bolts that the caliper is fixed to the bracket with a socket. Tighten the screws 25 to 33 foot-pounds foot-pounds of torque with a spanner.
- Lift the nose wheel on the studs. Then unscrew the nuts on the wheel bolts with a spanner.
- The vehicle.
- Tighten the nuts with a spanner.
- Start the engine and pump the brake pedal a few times. This is the position of the piston in the caliper.
- If your front brakes are strong, but there is always a good deal of material on the pads, to find a product called disc brake noise at your local auto parts. Spray the product on the back that the brake pads to reduce brake noise.
- Follow the instructions in the manual lifting and lowering a vehicle. It can cause injury or death.
- Use clean compressed air never brake. Some brake linings contain asbestos, especially in older vehicles. With compressed air to asbestos fibers into the air.